I don’t want to jinx this new upcoming year but I do want to make a note of the things I’ve got coming up! In my gorgeous newly-organised office space I’ve got a whiteboard now, which should keep me on track, but that’ll get erased – I thought it would be nice to have a record so by the end of the year I can see whether my plans changed or not.
So, on the list:
- My wedding dress, of course!
- But I’m also making a corset to go beneath it, and am still pondering whether I need some tap pants or shorts/bloomers of some kind too because the thigh-chafing is real – corset toile number four had its canvas ironed just today ready for cutting my pattern out
- Three tweed wedding waistcoats for the gents involved in the day
- A velvet dress for the best woman (Cashmerette Alcott)
- Minerva Make #1 – a stripey jersey Hepburn top (deadline end of January)
- An olive green bishop sleeved Hepburn top
- Minerva Make #2 – undecided, but it’s either the Seamwork Jo or the Muna & Broad Waikerie (deadline tbc because the fabric isn’t here yet)
- A stripey Wilder Gown (for which I already have bought both the fabric and the pattern itself)
- A Blanca Flight Suit – because I asked on the Curvy Sewing Collective FB group for pattern recs for similar but with more inclusive sizing and was absolutely delighted to find that in their PDF option they do in fact go larger (this news was a highlight of the last few months, quite frankly)
- Felt flowers for brooches and necklaces using my new Cricut machine (an exciting gift)
- More clothing for Matt, following the success of his sweater gifts
- Uses for my beautiful linen-blend striped fabric I bought on sale in 2019 (I think? I can picture the scene, I was in a motorway service station at the time so it really can’t have been in 2020!)
- A denim picnic skirt with proper jeans buttons (I bought the button-setting thing on eBay in about August?)
That’s a little bit to be getting on with for now! I hope to succeed on these plans and inevitably find a new more things I want to work on too.