As is tradition, I like to have a little reflection of how the year has been in sewing.
I keep a list throughout the year so here in chronological order are my 2022 makes. Not all of them may have been blogged about but all were projects done this year.
- Patina blouse – loved this, absolutely should have made more of them and fully intended to!
- Ivy undies from House Morrighan
- Rad 5k crop top
- Ellie and Mac Moto Jacket using some of the brown wedding tweed we had leftover
- Hydrangea beaded brooch
- Velvet banned / wall hanging with the Critical Role quote
- Draped neckline velvet anniversary dress which was definitely a highlight of the year
- Lessons with Kirri: bookmarks, pillowcase
- 4x hacked Concord-Agnes work dresses in mystery stretch fabrics
- An Ellie and Mac Tres Belle in taupe scuba which I immediately hated
- Minerva Brand Ambassadors project – FPC Wilder Gown in truly glorious viscose challis for a family wedding
- Jellyfish patterned circle skirt
- White velvet leotard (Mood pattern based)
- Chiffon skirt for my photoshoot
- White dot simple top from a big4 pattern
- 2x viscose Wilder tops
- Bustle pad
- Beaded moth brooch
- Christmas panel E&M True Beauty dress
- Sewing with Kirri: Cashmerette Honeybourne dress, baby bib, baby dress
- Tilly & The Buttons free collar pattern
Surprising absolutely nobody my two most commonly used pattern companies this year were unchanged. Ellie and Mac and Cashmerette remain staples, but Friday Pattern Co are really a new love of mine.
I haven’t got as far as setting goals and to be honest, I feel like I achieved very little of what I’d intended this year either!
All I want in 2023 is to be happy and rested, and to make outfits for events already booked. We shall see how this goes.